Friday, January 27, 2012

Back in time

A few days ago I went up skiing with my Dad and one of the young athletes on our ski team. It was windy, and snowing, but the three of us set up ropes and a GS course on the NASTAR trail reguardless. Dad and I would slip each run trying to keep the course trainable in the soft snow, and she would ski the course, get her feedback from her run, then work on things all the way down to the lift. It took me back to all the days spent training with just Dad and I. Whatever the conditions good or bad we would train and find a way to make it work. I can remember setting Slalom in 12 inches of new on top of soft groomed and training on it all day. It was pretty interesting occasionally but definitely worth every bit of the time and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything! It was fun to see someone else getting the same experience and eating it up! Hopefully in the future this will be as fond of a memory for her as it is for me.

4 comments:

  1. Good job Scott! Hope the ancle heals up well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is pretty much healed now, but I can still feel it if I do anything too drastic. Doesn't effect me at all though! I left the crease in the boot as bragging rights of course. ;)Hope you are well!

      Delete
  2. Had so much fun reminiscing with you about trips to 49 North for ski races: first in the parking lot, “Tom Dooley” and “Dance of the Mambas,” biscuits and gravy, the mini terrain park, waiting around the tables for the awards, and the raucous rides home…great memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many of them.. All good times with great friends. It's so much fun to go back and have them all resurface!

      Delete