Thursday, February 23, 2012

Taking a Break.

Well, Aspen was an interesting series for me all in all. I skied really well and was happy with my performance, but didn't get the results in DH that I had hoped for. That said my results were still enough to get me a spot for the World Junior Championship in Italy next week, and for that I am very excited!

The day after the last DH race in Aspen, I flew in to Washinton DC for a week of R&R with my family. I basically just hung out the first day, playing tourist, taking in some sights, and visiting friends in the area, then hopped in the rental car and drove out to Bryce Mt. Resort in Western Virginia to visit the local ski team. What a great group of people! I got to ski/train with all the kids one morning, and got to race NASTAR with them both days. It's awesome to see so many youth athletes out racing on a little mountain with 500 ft of vertical. The resort really does a great job of reaching out to families and getting kids on snow young. I wish there were more places like that elsewhere.. The sport sure would be better for it in the long haul! I had a great time and really enjoyed working with all the kids and seeing all my family's old friends.

Now I have a few days back here in DC to get organized and hang out with my big brother before heading over to Italy on the 25th! Pretty excited!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment