Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chile

No hablo espanol? I arrived in Chile the 16th of September super excited and honestly a little bit nervous. I skied well my last camp in Mt. Hood in August, but I never know how much I will retain in the months off snow. That said, my fears turned out to be groundless.

The training in La Parva is some of the best you can find anywhere. We get 4 event training with great snow conditions and tons of options as far as venues and terrain for the coaches to play with. The mountain turns training into a workout as well! It consists predominantly of Pomas instead of chairlifts, so the legs never get a break! (Talk about a good way to get back into skiing shape!) The snow was about as good as it gets for training, but started to thin out a bit towards the end of the camp. Thankfully, my skis didn’t suffer nearly as bad as some of my buddies’ did.

The great conditions allowed for the perfect time to work on things. I felt like myself on my skis again for the first time in a year and couldn’t stop smiling! I went back to skiing the deep line and was flowing really well in GS. (Something I struggled with a lot last year.) Downhill and Super G went very well too. I made huge improvements solidifying my jumping technique and aerodynamics and am looking forward to seeing some results when I get to Colorado next month! J It was a great two weeks and I am really excited moving into three weeks of lifting in Park City at the Center of Excellence followed by on snow training again in November!  
Here is a pic of the guys at the top of the course in La Parva. Great group!

No comments:

Post a Comment