Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Home and off again

I spent three days at home for the holidays and then headed up to Panorama, BC. It was great to be back on snow again! GS this morning started at 10, but the sun still had not crested the mountains by the time we got up there. Fortunately, being a Pacific Northwest skier, it was not the first time I had found myself in flat light. I was glad the snow was grippy. It is such a pleasant change from theshiny ice that predominated my last few weeks of training. in Colorado. Another positive thing was that my knee did not hurt at all! What a relief! I felt like I could really push the line more direct and use my strength to get myself out of trouble. That said I am still trying to get the touch back, but it is comming along nicely. Tomorrow I'm doing Super G for two hours in the morning, and Giant Slalom for a few runs in the afternoon. Looking forward to another sunny, 4 degree day!

No comments:

Post a Comment